Electrical Vehicle (EV) Fitout Technician
- Full Time
- 20 May 2022
In this role, you will be part of an award-winning, pioneering team of the RS Group. Come and be a part of an exciting movement in Electric Boats, innovative design and helping make our planet a cleaner place. RS is the world’s biggest small boat brand and is now bringing the first fully integrated electric rib to market through the sister company, RS Electric boats.
The responsibilities of the EV fit-out technician will be varied. The majority of the work is in the Rib fit out area as well as to support all basic areas of electrical and non-electrical fit out and to commission boats ready for the customer.
It is also important that you are someone who has an eye for detail and who can follow production systems while ensuring we produce a product to the customers’ expectations at a fast pace.
We are looking for someone, with a good knowledge of boats, the marine industry with sustainability as a core motivation and a passion for the environment and the gift of delivering tasks on time.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate strong a well organised working approach and who can work independently and within a team.
This is a real opportunity to be the forefront for fit out of the electrification of small/medium motorboats and ribs.
- Full fit out on the electric rib.
- GRP repairs where needed.
- Implementation of 12volt integration
- Innovative thinker and problem solver.
- Work closely and directly under the Senior Project Manager
Demonstration of Knowledge through:
- Understanding the basic of electrical 12-volt systems.
- Power boat driving – Ideally hold a RYA powerboat level 2 qualification.
- Safety (working knowledge required, formal qualifications preferred but training will be given if not available)
Skills & Experience:
- Good grade in education
- Analytical problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Full clean driving licence.
- Forklift licence (desirable but not essential)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can work independently or within a team
- Highly competent in understanding 2D drawings
- Highly competent in using hand tools
- Can demonstrate strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in varied environments – from the HQ Office in Romsey, Hamble Production facility, Home and with suppliers.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Know when to ask for help.
Job Types: Full-time
This role is based at: - Hamble Point EV Production Facility
- Salary: On Application.
- Also, the company offers a quarterly bonus to all staff on “overall company performance” Which equates around to 10% of Basic Salary per annum.
- Opportunity to earn key EV qualifications by on-the-job training.
- Opportunity to work overtime