Current Job Vacancies
at My Choice Children's Homes
Senior Support Workers
- from £ 31,835.30 per annum
- Littlehampton, Rustington, Angmering, Burgess Hill
- Full Time
- £ 30,411.80 to £ 30,915.50 per annum depending on experience
- Horley, Angmering, Rustington, Littlehampton, Burgess Hill, Small Dole
- Full Time
Trainee Residential Support Worker
- £24,000 per annum including sleep ins
- Littlehampton, Horley, Angmering, Pulborough, Burgess Hill
- Full Time
Part Time Support Workers
- £ 15,205.90 to £ 15,457.75 per annum depending on experience
- Littlehampton, Burgess Hill, Rustington, Angmering, Horley
- Part Time - 21 hours per week
Keeping in line with Children’s Homes Regulation 2015, Ofsted requirements and Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, our recruitment process comprises of two interviews (three for a teaching role), two inductions with online training.
We have an initial interview at our head office to ascertain skills and knowledge, verify identity proofs and DBS status. If a candidate is successful at interview at this stage, they will be invited to a second, informal interview at one of our eight children’s homes–our children and young people have a voice in this stage too!
If a candidate is successful at the second interview an offer of employment will be given and the candidate will be invited to a two day induction at head office to complete online courses including child exploitation and child protection.
The second induction will take place in the home you have been selected to work in.
My Choice can guarantee the following for their staff:
- comprehensive and continued training
- career development.
All staff are expected to gain their Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare Englandand are fully supported in this by our Learning and Development Manager. My Choice has a registered training centre with CACHE NCFE and all Diplomas are completed through the centre.
We also offer a bridging course to fill gaps in knowledge if a Level 3 has previously been achieved and we offer Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare England.
All new starters will be enrolled onto a course immediately after employment to ensure Regulation 32 of the Children’s Homes Regulation 2015 is met and adhered to.
My Choice also offer the Therapeutic Practitioners Award facilitated by Lifetrain UK ™ which develops our therapeutic practices within the company. Training provided but is not limited to –
- Advanced child protection
- Medication training
- Equality and Diversity
- Team Teach
- Restorative justice
- First aid
- Food hygiene
- Health and safety management.
At My Choice, career progression is measured by merit and commitment, not when a vacancy occurs within the company.
Employee Introduction Scheme
My Choice places great importance on the recruitment of experienced employees and we believe that you are the best people to understand the skills and qualities required to work within the Company. We therefore operate an Employee Introduction Scheme which is open to all employees, except Directors and HR.
If you know someone, who is experienced, suitably qualified and possesses the skills to work with young people, you could receive a cash award of £500.00 (subject to deduction of PAYE) made to you when you recommend a candidate who joins My Choice following your introduction.
As My Choice has an independent training centre located near Head office, all training takes place at this venue. The centre is registered with CACHE NCFE and provides a range of courses to staff namely as follows:
- The Diploma 3 working with children and young people in residential care England
- The Diploma 5 leadership and management award
- The CAVA (assessor award)
- The Level 4 in training and education
- Early Years Diploma course