Health and Safety Officer
- £30,000 per annum
- Fixed Term
- Full Time - 8:45am to 17:15pm
- 20 October 2023
Fittleworth Medical is a leading Dispensing Appliance Contractor (DAC) and provides a home dispensing service to over 60,000 clients across a wide range of products. Offering a cut-to-fit stoma product customisation service, we meet the diverse and individual needs of our clients. Core to our values, we take pride in operating with Clinical Respect by delivering excellence in patient care while helping to achieve the best value in prescribing.
This H&S Officer role will be based at our Nottingham Distribution Centre, reporting to the Compliance Manager. The role holder will work with the local managers, and shift supervisors to raise the overall safety awareness on the site. There is an expectation that the role holder will spend time on each shift, mentoring each supervisor and working with their team. The distribution centre has 100 employees who work a 24/5 pattern, with tasks split between stock storage and order picking. It is a busy working environment going through a period of change and expansion. We are looking for a practical, down to earth safety officer, with a can solve / can improve attitude to support the local team.
Key Responsibilities of the Role Include:
Health and Safety:
- Providing a visible onsite safety presence to promptly address and rectify any observed unsafe behaviors and conditions.
- Conducting comprehensive reviews of the documented Safe Systems of Work, ensuring their suitability and strict adherence by all shift teams.
- Supporting local managers in executing actions outlined in the Finding Space activity.
- Taking charge of Contractor Control for the planned capital investment project in Q1/Q2 2024 at the NDC, including the management of permits to work, ensuring a secure work environment for all personnel during the works.
Incident Management and Risk Assessment:
- Assisting in the investigation of reported incidents, facilitating a comprehensive understanding of causative factors.
- Monitoring the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Exercising authority to halt work in progress if it is deemed unsafe, particularly in the case of contractors.
Compliance and Process Adherence:
- Ensuring the meticulous completion of daily checks on work equipment, as mandated by the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER).
- Offering indispensable assistance to out-of-hours supervisors in comprehending and fulfilling their safety responsibilities.
What you will need to Succeed:
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Fire Safety Certificate or Qualification(desired)
- Manual Handling trainer(desired)
- FLT driver(desired)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in site H&S Officer role
- Warehouse / Distribution based experience is preferred.
- Experience of MHE and Pallet Racking operations is preferred.
- Multi shift environment experience.