Components Product Manager
- Full Time
- 14 August 2020
If you are a passionate procurement professional who likes to work in a forward-thinking IT tech Company, then we want to hear from you!
Within this newly created role, the Components Product Manager will be responsible for buying components, setting web sell pricing, creating web specifications and managing stock levels.
As the successful candidate, you should have a good knowledge of PC hardware and be able to identify key product features that would be of interest to specific target groups of customers. You will also need to be able to spot trends, be proactive and quick to react to market changes, have good analytical skills and good attention to detail.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Identifying products to add to our portfolio.
- Creating web specifications.
- Setting web sell prices.
- Carrying out competitor analysis, to see how we fair against our competition.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiating cost prices.
- Managing run rates and stock levels.
- Maintaining due dates.
- Liaising with other departments to help drive sales.
- Making product recommendations to internal and external customers.
What we need form you:
- Understanding and experience of managing supply chain strategies
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Attention to detail
- Good at analysing data and spotting market trends
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Be self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Have a good work ethic
- Experience with HTML
- Be able to work under pressure
- Ability to deliver develop excellent working relationships both internally and externally
If the above sounds like your next perfect role, then we want to hear from you.
Please be aware that due to the nature of some of our work, you may need to undertake a DBS and/or security check.
We are based in Portchester (outskirts of Portsmouth), with good transport links, free staff parking and a lockable bike shed for if you drive or ride. We may be able to offer flexible working (after training), with the chance to work from home.
Working with us means you get:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Health plan scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff discounts
- Social events
- Working from home (after training period)
- A great breakout room
- Kitchen and shower facilities
- and more!
Job Type: Permanent & Full Time
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire (with possible remote working)
Start Date: ASAP
- Please view the Component Product Manager Job Description document