Behaviour Support Assistant at My Choice School
- £14,000 per annum
- Part Time - Term time only - 31 per week (Monday to Friday)
Due to expansion we are looking for a Behaviour Support Assistant to join our friendly team at My Choice School in Arundel.
My Choice School is an independent SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) needs school situated near Arundel in West Sussex, and we are committed to the learning and development of our young people.
My Choice School delivers ASDAN Short Courses and Functional Skills English and Maths (ELC, L1 and L2) and has SMSC (Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development) and safeguarding at the heart of our learning.
You will work with teachers and TAs to support the development of relationships between students and to supervise and provide activities at breaktimes and throughout the day where necessary. Your role may see you in a classroom or outside the classroom. You will share our belief in a restorative approach to behaviour will encourage our young people to learn from challenges and you will find the team's commitment to the school community very rewarding.
Working hours are (term time only) 8:30am to 2:30pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday and you will be required to work 8.30am to 3.30pm on Thursdays in order to be a part of our team meetings.
Your duties will include:
- Contributing to helping the Teachers and TAs deliver the school day
- Taking part in the school meetings
- Providing support for young people at breaktimes and around the school, in and out of the classroom
- Contributing to the school community
What will you receive from us?
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- A Pension and access to the Staff Perkbox benefits scheme
What do you need to be successful?
The ability to manage and encourage students to become independent learners, supporting their welfare alongside their emotional and behavioural development
- Please view the My Choice School (Arundel) Prospectus 22-23 document (opens in a pop up)
- Please view the Behaviour Support Job Description document (opens in a pop up)