Deputy Chief Marshal
- Bedford Autodrome
- Full Time
- 13 December 2023
PalmerSport is the leading operator of prestige corporate motorsport events and owns and operates the Bedford Autodrome circuit complex. As we look ahead to a busy 2024 season we are looking for a Deputy Chief Marshal to assist with our PalmerSport corporate motorsport events programme. Please click here for more information on PalmerSport.
The Deputy Chief Marshal plays a vital role in the day to day running of PalmerSport. Main duties will involve supervising and briefing our team of marshals however other duties will include:
- Allocating marshalling duties
- Training of marshals (incident handling, flag signalling, fire fighting, communications, basic first aid)
- Ensuring the health and safety of staff and guests
- Deputising in the absence of the chief marshal
- Basic site / track maintenance
- Reporting of incidents on track
- Any other ad hoc duties to ensure the safety of our staff and guests
The successful candidate themselves will partake in marshalling duties. They will ideally have previous management experience, be self motivated and highly organised with good communication skill and have a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Enthusiasm and knowledge of motorsport and previous experience in a track marshalling or similar motorsport role would be advantageous.
You must be able to work Saturdays and evenings to cover events that are running. PalmerSport does not operate on Sundays. Due to the nature of our business, the successful candidates must be willing to work a flexible shift pattern.
To apply for the Deputy Chief Marshal role here at Palmersport, please click on the link above with a copy of your Covering Letter and CV. Only applications with both documents will be considered for the position.