Site and Facilities Operative
- Bedford Autodrome
- Full Time - 42.5 hours + weekends
- 21 November 2023
PalmerSport is the leading operator of corporate motorsport events in the UK. Based at the Bedford Autodrome, PalmerSport offers its guests an extensive and varied fleet of high-performance sports cars and single seater racing cars to push to their limits around our tailored circuits.
As part of our commitment to provide an outstanding customer experience at PalmerSport, we are looking to further enhance our Site and Facilities team with an enthusiastic Site and Facilities Operative to start work ASAP in and around Bedford Autodrome.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for somebody who loves the outdoors, is enthusiastic in taking pride in what they do and having high attention to detail in their work.
The main duties in this role:
- Assisting in general maintenance and upkeep of the venue's grounds and facilities ensuring that all areas are presented to the agreed standard at all times.
- Assisting with on-track maintenance and repairs as and when needed.
- Ensuring hospitality suites are presented to an appropriate standard and in full working order
- To be fully aware of and comply at all times with COSHH regulations, Noise at Work Regulations and PalmerSports Safety, Health & Environmental policy.
- Protecting the assets and property of the company at all times.
- Assisting where necessary in the construction of new works on the venue as required.
- Ensuring that venue presentation is maintained to the highest standard as directed by the Site and Facilities Supervisor and Facilities Manager.
You will need / have:
- Previous experience within a maintenance / facilities role
- Experience working with machinery and plant including ride on mowers, strimmers, tree cutting equipment and tractors
- Full UK driving licence
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team
- Ability to overcome problems using initiative however, being willing to ask for assistance when required
- An interest in motorsport is desirable but in no way essential
In return PalmerSport offer:
- Competitive pay + benefits
- Up to 31 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Access to our MSV Advantage platform, giving you access to discounts at 100s of shops across the UK.
- Discounted food and drink when working on site
- A staff pass allowing access for yourself and a plus one to attend events at all MSV circuits (including BTCC & BSB)
- Access to 24/7 GP and wellbeing services
- Training opportunities
- A workplace pension
- Free parking
The role will require flexible working patterns during a 42.5 hour week, which will include evenings and weekends. Due to the location of this position, a full UK driving licence is essential.