Circuit Infrastructure Engineer
- Bedford Autodrome
- Full Time - 42.5 hours + occasional weekends
- 14 November 2023
As part of our commitment to provide an outstanding customer / client experience at all MSV race circuits (Donington Park, Brands Hatch, Bedford Autodrome, Snetterton, Oulton Park, Cadwell Park, Couvron). We are looking to further enhance our Circuit Infrastructure team by seeking a motivated and hardworking Infrastructure Engineer to maintain and install all fibreoptic equipment at our world famous race circuits.
This role would suit somebody working within the utilities sector with a strong knowledge of fibreoptic installation used to working independently pulling, splicing and installing low voltage electrical systems.
Infrastructure at our circuits will include but is not limited to: PA systems, track limit sensors, marshal post / digital flag systems, CCTV, Wi-fi and timing systems.
Duties for this role include:
- Working with the Electrical Systems and IT team ensuring all infrastructure at our circuits are installed and maintained to the highest standard
- Improving existing circuit infrastructure systems to ensure reliability and durability throughout race events
- Design and create systems that are both cost effective and fit for purpose
- Work to strict health and safety guidelines with awareness that occasionally you will be completing work near a live track environment.
- Ensuring that all systems installed are in compliance with relevant codes of practices.
- Completing installation work to strict deadlines
For this role you will be / have:
- Previous experience as a fibreoptics engineer, ideally within the utilities sector
- Obtained accredited certifications in fibre / telecommunications installation
- Experience working with fibre, armoured/SWA and low voltage cables
- Previous experience working with CCTV, PA Systems & low voltage equipment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team
- An interest in motorsport is desirable but in no way essential
You will receive:
- Up to 31 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Access to our MSV Advantage system, giving you access to discounts at 100s of shops across the UK.
- Discounted food and drink when working on site
- A staff pass allowing access for yourself and a plus one to attend events at all MSV circuits (including BTCC & BSB)
- Access to 24/7 GP Service
- Training opportunities
- A workplace pension
- Access to wellbeing services
- Free parking
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within the motorsport industry, providing MSV with the knowledge and knowhow to future proof our infrastructure. This role will be primarily based at either Donington Park or Bedford Autodrome but will involve travel to all UK circuits as well as occasional travel to Europe.