Careers with us
The White Horse Inn is a modern British country inn, situated in an idyllic 18th century setting in Sutton (10 minutes Petworth, 15 minutes Pulborough, 20 minutes Chichester). We're a freehouse serving a fine array of local ales, beers and wines together with the highest quality, locally sourced, traditional British pub food with a contemporary accent.
We're building a team imbued with pride and passion. One that is positive, friendly and inclusive. We want to work alongside people that are reliable, conscientious and well presented. Everyone needs to be proactive in their decision making, prioritise their tasks, organise their sections and ask for support when its needed. We want you to continually expand your knowledge, learn from those around you and share your skills and experience. We want you to stay with us.
If this sounds like a team you'd like to be part of, apply now!
- £ 8.50 per hour
- Part Time - Minimum 16 hours per week
- 1 August 2019
We have a genuine opportunity for a part-time Housekeeper at The White Horse Inn.
Minimum 16 hours per week.
Our bedrooms have wonderfully comfortable beds, 100% organic and made in Devon from Dartmoor wool. All have desks with task lighting and makeup mirrors whilst our wardrobes contain lockable safes for three guns. Our bathrooms have underfloor heating and heated fog-free mirrors to make getting ready in the mornings a little more luxurious for our guests. Customers can indulge in a steaming hot shower under 8” shower roses using finely fragranced Noble Isle toiletries.
We aim to achieve five-star ratings in nationally recognised quality assurance schemes and to feature in the best travel guides available.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- have experience in a comparable role or show a keenness to learn
- be well organised and calm under pressure
- enjoy working under your own guidance
- have meticulous attention to detail
- be able to travel to Sutton, West Sussex (RH20 1PS) or be happy to car share with one of your colleagues
- be able to work from 8am until 4pm including weekends and bank holidays
- be willing to assist front of house staff serving breakfast
Benefits of working at The White Horse Inn:
- Two consecutive days off each week
- Christmas Day off
- Paid holidays
- Pension scheme with employer contribution
- Staff discount on food, drink and accommodation
- Interiors and standards of finish that help you feel proud of your workplace
- Opportunities for your development: Formal qualifications are available through our external training providers, to include First Aid and Fire Marshal as well as role specific learning.
- Opportunities for experience: Everyone receives training and experiences work at the next level up by providing holiday cover for their colleagues.
- Friendly owners invested in you and the success of the business alongside an experienced management team
- Car share options may be available from various locations including Tangmere / Chichester, Pulborough, Billingshurst etc
This position is available for an immediate start, however we would be happy to wait for the right candidate; we look forward to receiving your application.