Careers with us
- £20,000 per annum (plus gratuities)
- Full Time
- 19 June 2019
The White Horse Inn is a modern British country inn, situated in an idyllic 18th century setting in Sutton(10 minutes Petworth,15 minutes Pulborough, 20 minutes Chichester). We’re a freehouse serving a fine array of local ales, beers and wines together with the highest quality, locally sourced, traditional British pub food with a contemporary accent.
We’re building a team imbued with pride and passion. One that is positive, friendly and inclusive. We want to work alongside people that are reliable, conscientious and well presented. Everyone needs to be proactive in their decision making, prioritise their tasks, organise their sections and ask for support when its needed. We want you to continually expand your knowledge, learn from those around you and share your skills and experience. We want you to stay with us.
If this sounds like a team you’d like to be part of, apply now!
We have a genuine opportunity for a Commis Chef at The White Horse Inn.
Our new kitchen has a calm and friendly atmosphere and is equipped with the latest equipment including: Induction island, Rationale ovens, PacoJet, Inka charcoal oven, sous vide water bath and Thermomix. We produce our menu from scratch, and pride ourselves on creating delicious dishes from locally sourced, seasonal ingredients.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- have a good basic skill set learnt on the job or at catering college
- be well organised and calm under pressure
- enjoy working as part of a team
- have an appreciation for working with, and quality checking, local ingredients
- be able to travel to Sutton, West Sussex (RH20 1PS) or be happy to car share with one of your colleagues
- be able to work split shifts (9am - 3pm and 6pm - close circa 10pm) including weekends and bank holidays
- to be able to cover occasional breakfast shifts (shared between all staff members)
Benefits of working at The White Horse:
- Two consecutive days off each week
- Christmas Day off
- Paid holidays
- Pension scheme with employer contribution
- Staff discount on food, drink and accommodation
- Our creative menu changes seasonally, with updates on a monthly basis, and we also offer specials most evenings.
- Opportunities for your development: If you are a chef who likes to develop their skills, we can offer you excellent career progression. Our Head Chef (with Michelin experience) is more than happy to work with you on new techniques and, where applicable, we will support you as you progress through your food safety courses.
- Opportunities for experience: Everyone receives training and experiences work at the next level up by providing holiday cover for their colleagues.
- Friendly owners invested in you and the success of the business alongside an experienced management team
- Car share options may be available from various locations including Tangmere / Chichester, Pulborough, Billingshurst etc
This position is available for an immediate start, however we would be happy to wait for the right candidate; we look forward to receiving your application.
2 ways to apply for this job
Call the All Jobs Pro Recruitment Line - you will be asked a few questions relating to this role, your answers will be typed in for you, afterwards you will receive an email so you can check / edit the details and confirm your application. Available Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm