Supervising Social Worker
- up to £43,000 per annum including allowances, pro rata
- Part Time - 4 Days per week
- 3 October 2022
Are you looking for a Supervising Social Worker role with a difference? Are you ready for low caseloads, great benefits, and plenty of opportunities? How about continual training and progression?
This is currently a homeworking role, building and developing the Nottingham, Northamptonshire, Leicester and Derby. areas in partnership with the Practice Team Manager. Whilst this role is homeworking, with occasional visits to other regional offices, we are looking to open an East Midlands office within the next 12 months!
Can you see yourself working with a well-established, growing, Nationwide charity, supervising and supporting Foster Carers to look after the children and young people in our care?
Where do you fit in?
You know how much hard work and dedication it takes to make a difference to the lives of children and young people. With low caseloads, you’ll have the time and resources to truly support our Foster Carers.
You’ll promote the safe care and development of our foster children so that they can achieve their full potential. You’ll get involved in the recruitment, assessment, and training of prospective Foster Carers, as well as pursuing suitable placements.
You’ll help a diverse range of people - reflective of the communities we work in, and will play a key part in a friendly, supportive charity where you’ll be rewarded for your hard work and results.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary, a very generous car allowance, and out of hours allowance, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- 30 Days Annual Leave + Bank holidays (pro rata), additional holiday leave (with length of service) and Birthday Leave
- Membership with BUPA, Dental cover, and a range of family friendly policies including Enhanced Maternity Pay
- An Employee Assistance programme
- Plus a very generous car allowance (£4800 pa) pro rata and out of hours allowance (£1200 pa) pro rata
- Hybrid working pattern
What do you need to be successful?
- You’ll be degree qualified, registered and experienced in this field, with a full driving licence and up to date knowledge of all job relevant legislation - particularly Safeguarding and Foster Care
- IT Literate, ideally with a knowledge of the Charms database (although training can be provided), with accurate record keeping and admin skills
- You’ll be flexible, willing to learn, train and progress. You’ll promote our work and help to establish us as the local authority’s preferred and approved supplier
- Please view the Benefits Statement document (opens in a pop up)
- Please view the Supervising Social Worker Job Description (East Midlands) document (opens in a pop up)