Hub Support Worker
- £21,730 per annum
- Full Time - 37 hours per week Monday- Friday 8.30-4.30pm, plus 1 weekend in an 8 week rota, plus bank holiday working
- 31 May 2023
Salary: £21,730 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday to Friday 8.30am-4.30pm, plus one weekend in an 8 week rota, plus bank holiday working.
Our day hub service in Chichester is often people’s first point of contact with Stonepillow and services that will support them out of homelessness. At our day hub, people who are rough sleeping are offered a combination of support and access to practical services including showers and laundry facilities, hot meals, and access to telephones and computers. On-site appointments are also available with a GP and a podiatrist.
The warm welcome and practical help provided by the day hub team is a starting point for building a relationship which enables us to support people in their journey from the streets.
Providing hot food and clean clothes improves how people feel so they are in a better position to work with us and take the necessary steps to address the underlying causes of their homelessness. These essential services are integrated with a package of assessment and support which can facilitate lasting change.
This role is an ideal role for those who would like to have a positive and hands on approach to supporting vulnerable people in our community. If you are looking for a change in career or would like to start your career in the homelessness sector, this role is a wonderful introduction to supporting the most vulnerable in our society. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and you do not necessarily have to have a background in our work – just the passion and drive to make a difference!
Working as part of a team as well as independently, the successful candidate will have good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to motivate, engage and inspire including the initiative to be able to deal with challenging situations in a calm and effect manner.
Examples of duties would include:
- Undertake support planning incorporating risk management, alongside the client to assess their strengths and areas where the client requires support.
- Ensure the Chichester Hub environment is safe, secure and of a high standard
- To support the client in managing their own finances and budgeting.
- To participate in client review meetings
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with our partner organisations, external agencies and relevant voluntary & statutory agencies and individuals over a wide range of issues affecting our clients
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Excellent communication and liaison skills
- An enthusiastic and supportive approach to dealing with service users with complex needs
- Good administrative, recording and reporting skills
The benefits of working at Stonepillow:
- Actively supporting those in need in your local community
- Healthcare and wellbeing support including access to in-app virtual appointments with NHS registered GPs and access to a comprehensive Employee Assistance programme with face-to-face counselling
- A medical cashback scheme and retail discounts
- Stakeholder pension, employer contribution of 5%
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
A bit about us:
Stonepillow support and empower homeless and vulnerable people with compassion and commitment to achieve sustainable independence and wellbeing and make positive changes in their lives.
Stonepillow is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Please view the Chichester Hub Support Worker JD document