Service User Engagement Lead
- £24,732 per annum
- Bognor Regis
- Full Time - 37 hours per week (hours predominantly Monday-Friday, with some evening/weekend working to ensure varied opportunity of engagement for all)
- 12 December 2022
This position is open to any person with previous lived experience of homelessness and the multiple challenges this may present.
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding role where you can utilise your lived experience to empower people to be heard, develop their skills, and achieve their potential? Are you empathetic, a good communicator and passionate about implementing change to meet the needs of others?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and positive individual who appreciates a diverse and inclusive range of experiences, cultures and backgrounds to join our team. Previous experience in this type of work is not essential but you will have transferrable skills and experience.
You will work closely with our Clients, Staff teams and Partners to integrate a co-produced way of working across the organisation. Promoting the values and benefits of the organisation and coproduction you will work to remove barriers to achieve empowerment for individuals and communities, to enable effective engagement and ensure all voices are heard.
To ensure that what you deliver uses a trauma informed approach, we also provide supervision to ensure that you are able to maintain your own positive wellbeing. Stonepillow will only accept applications from candidates who have not accessed our services within the last 2 years. If you have accessed our services within this time, and would like to be involved, we have other lived experience opportunities that may interest you. Please contact us for further information. We would love to hear from you!
Examples of duties include:
- To facilitate and support Stonepillow Clients, Central Team, Staff and volunteers to develop, implement and embed best practice of co-production working throughout the organisation. This may include research into models in other areas and being part of wider Lived Experience networks to inform new ideas and transferable practice.
- Working with the Deputy Head of Operations to produce and deliver organisational co-production and client engagement strategy and implementation plan, feeding back to the Senior Leadership Team and taking the lead to action progress and reporting in line with coproduction and engagement implementation plan.
- To work closely with the Services, Clients and Staff to identify and implement tailored service plans, identifying specific service needs and people to be involved at different levels and in different capacities in client engagement and co -production.
- To facilitate and participate in working groups, activities and develop joint ideas which can then translate into shared action plans to ensure client engagement and co-production across all services.
- Encouraging and engaging clients, enabling opportunities for people to be involved in a way that they feel comfortable and listened to, ensuring people with lived experience are heard and their expertise directly influences decisions made at all levels of the organisation. This can be innovative and fun.
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Good knowledge of challenges associated with homelessness, substance misuse and multiple disadvantages.
- Commitment to and good understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Understanding of professional boundaries, confidentiality and the ability to apply these.
- Emotional resilience and the ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with confidence in speaking at meetings, preparing agendas, writing minutes and action plans.
- Excellent planning, organisational and record keeping skills.
- Experience of effective team working.
- A valid driving licence and access to a car is desirable
The benefits of working at Stonepillow:
- Actively supporting those in need in your local community
- Healthcare and wellbeing support including access to in-app virtual appointments with NHS registered GPs and access to a comprehensive Employee Assistance programme with face-to-face counselling
- A medical cashback scheme and retail discounts
- Stakeholder pension, employer contribution of 5%
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
A bit about us:
Stonepillow support and empower homeless and vulnerable people with compassion and commitment to achieve sustainable independence and wellbeing and make positive changes in their lives.
Stonepillow is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
For an informal discussion regarding this role or other lived experience opportunities please contact us
- Please view the JD Service User Engagement Lead document
- Please view the PS Service User Engagement Lead document