- £24,732 per annum
- Bognor Regis
- Full Time - 37 hours per week (must be prepared to work flexibly to suit the needs of the job), plus working one day at weekend 9.00am-1.00pm in an 8 week rota
- 15 December 2022
This is a wonderful role specifically to support clients who are rough sleeping in the Arun area who have found themselves in challenging circumstances. This role will be to work closely within a dynamic Rough Sleeper Initiative team and with partners, such as Arun District Council, for those in our community who are rough sleeping and have unmet multiple needs which can often cause difficulties when trying to engage with services.
Within this role, you will be working as a Support Navigator, working within the good practice of Trauma Informed Care principles, and as part of the Rough Sleeper Initiative team. You will need to be excited and motivated to learn about different cultures, as many of our clients are non-UK Nationals, the drive to want to support those who are most vulnerable in our community.
You will be supporting the most excluded clients where traditional service delivery has failed to engage and meet their needs. Therefore, it is essential that you have a non-judgmental and enabling approach to supporting homeless and vulnerable adults and be willing to learn knowledge of health, housing and work issues facing clients who have multiple complex needs.
Example of Duties will include:
- To assist clients to apply for status and working with Non-UK Nationals (NUKN) clients to return to employment. With an ultimate target of assisting clients into suitable accommodation, returning to employment/education or training, engagement with health and medical/mental health services or reconnecting to their country of origin.
- To assess and identify the client’s individual needs and to support them with the navigation of services that are available, and which will be necessary to reduce the impact on wider services and the community within the Arun area. With a view to assist clients into suitable accommodation, returning to work/education or training, engagement with health and medical and mental health services.
- To be a part of a wider approach to supporting rough sleepers or those who are vulnerably housed within the Arun area by being effective in building relationships with all available support services and to collaboratively create a pathway for clients who need to engage with them which is easy for both clients to access.
- To support clients to appointments, completing forms/assessments, making referrals and having regular keywork time to ensure that the service being provided is tailored to the individual’s changeable needs and is being effective in reducing the impact of their behaviours on the wider community.
- To work with a rolling caseload of no more than 15 clients at any one time to ensure that focus on high needs and chaotic behaviours is met.
- To attend monthly MAM, Providers and other relevant operational meetings to discuss clients’ needs and possible solutions or suitable pathways for clients to enable swift access to appropriate services and ensure that barriers are addressed so that service users can access suitable services.
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Good knowledge of welfare benefits, housing and homelessness law and policy.
- Good knowledge of alcohol, drugs and issues around addiction and relapse management
- Good knowledge of mental health, personality disorders and dual diagnosis
- Good Knowledge of immigration laws.
- The ability to forge effective working relationships to navigate and to create effective pathways to support for clients with complex needs acting as a change broker
- Good computer literacy skills and ability to make effective use of systems
- Experience of providing support to people with multiple needs.
The benefits of working at Stonepillow:
- Actively supporting those in need in your local community
- Healthcare and wellbeing support including access to in-app virtual appointments with NHS registered GPs and access to a comprehensive Employee Assistance programme with face-to-face counselling
- A medical cashback scheme and retail discounts
- Stakeholder pension, employer contribution of 5%
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
A bit about us:
Stonepillow support and empower homeless and vulnerable people with compassion and commitment to achieve sustainable independence and wellbeing and make positive changes in their lives.
Stonepillow is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Please view the Arun RSI Support Navigator v2 JD Nov 2022 document (opens in a pop up)
- Please view the Support Navigator PS v2 document (opens in a pop up)