Community & Events Fundraising Officer
- £27,306 per annum
- Full Time - 37 hours per week (must be prepared to work flexibly to suit the needs of the job)
- 7 December 2022
We are looking for an ambitious and dynamic new member to join our Fundraising and Communications Team. Working in a proactive environment you will be a self-starter with the ability to plan, innovate and have flexibility to support fundraising and events activity. This position will report to the Fundraising Manager with a focus on maximising income from individual donors, community and events revenue streams.
Focussed on increasing awareness and engagement you need to be highly organised with excellent planning and administrative skills, good attention to detail, a ‘problem solving attitude’ and great communication, both written and verbal.
Assisting in community fundraising events, enabling supporters to fundraise for us, and helping drive individual donations as an ambassador of the charity you will develop a sound knowledge of the services we provide and cultivate considerate relationships with individual and corporate donors.
If you feel you have the relevant experience and aptitude for this role and a desire to join our team in its mission to help support and empower homeless and vulnerable people to achieve sustainable independence and wellbeing, then please get in touch with us.
Examples of duties will include:
- Develop and maintain donor relationships including community supporters, corporates, high net worth individuals, schools, churches
- Assist with the management and development of ‘Donorfy’ (the donor database), to ensure it is kept up to date and all information / reporting is accurate.
- Assist with the development and implementation of effective fundraising campaigns to provide targeted and unrestricted funds for the charity’s operations.
- Contribute to the development of digital fundraising campaigns where appropriate
- Support all Stonepillow events through the planning stages, on the day delivery and post event communication.
- Support community fundraisers as needed in order to maximise their income potential
- Undertake relevant database and paper-based administration relating to fundraising activities and campaigns within the Fundraising team, including running reports from the CRM database to get a clearer picture of our donor profile and campaign success rates
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Demonstrable experience of working on several projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines
- Excellent administrative, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work accurately with minimal supervision and prioritise a diverse workload
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- Proven IT literacy on Microsoft Office packages to include Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Excellent self-motivation and ability to use initiative
- To contribute to creating a culture and environment that is forward thinking and positive
The benefits of working at Stonepillow:
- Actively supporting those in need in your local community
- Healthcare and wellbeing support including access to in-app virtual appointments with NHS registered GPs and access to a comprehensive Employee Assistance programme with face-to-face counselling
- A medical cashback scheme and retail discounts
- Stakeholder pension, employer contribution of 5%
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Stonepillow is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Interview Date: 13 December 2022
- Please view the Fundraising Officer Job Description Oct 22 document
- Please view the Fundraising Officer Person Specification Oct 22 document