Waking Night Support Workers - Chichester and Bognor Hostel
- £22,638 per annum
- Full Time - 42.11 hours per week, 3 night on, 3 night off working rota (8pm to 8am shifts)
- 30 August 2022
We are looking to appoint Night Support Workers at our Hostels, vacancies available at our Bognor and Chichester Hostel
Hours: 42.11 hours per week (3 nights on, 3 nights off working rota 8am-8pm)
Stonepillow support and empower homeless and vulnerable people to achieve sustainable independence and wellbeing and make positive changes in their lives.
You will be working within the long standing Stonepillow service which has been in operation since the start of our charity in 1989. Our Hostels provides homeless clients with short-term accommodation identifying their support needs, building empowering support around those needs, and looking at a suitable move on plan into long-term independent accommodation using a trauma-informed approach with clients
Your role will be to support homeless adults who may be experiencing a number of complexities including mental health and substance misuse issues. The aim of the role is to support and signpost clients into services that will improve their housing, health and wellbeing while improving the client’s quality of life. You will work proactively to form strong relationships and gain clients' trust, striving to provide the best possible service levels at all times.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person, who enjoys working as part of a team as well as independently, the successful candidate will have good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to motivate, engage and inspire including the initiative to be able to deal with challenging situations in a calm and effect manner.
Stonepillow has a values framework and set of expected behaviours. Every employee is expected to work within this framework and participate in ensuring that these values are upheld in there day to day work.
These values are:
- Client focused– Putting clients at the heart of what we do and engaging them to actively participate at all levels of the Charity
- Collaborative - Working with clients, local communities, stakeholders, and partners to reduce homelessness and end rough sleeping.
- Valuing diversity – Clients, staff, volunteers, trustees, and communities
- Innovative and high quality – Delivering high quality services which evidence value for money and positive outcomes of Clients.
- Professional, respectful, and kind always – When delivering services to our clients, working with communities and how behave towards each other on a day-to-day basis.
Previous experience of working within the homeless sector or similar setting is not required as this is an ideal opportunity to start your career in the sector in a role which is meaningful and highly skilled.
It is essential that you have a non-judgmental and enabling approach to supporting single homeless and vulnerable adults.Benefits
Stakeholder pension scheme
25 days' holiday, plus bank holidays
Healthcare and wellbeing support, including access to in-app virtual appointments with NHS registered GPs and access to a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme with face-to-face counselling
Medical cashback scheme and retail discount
Access to training and development
Charity worker discounts
Annual staff away day
Stonepillow is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.