Young People Day Support Worker
- £19,576 per annum
- Part Time - An average of 35 hours per week worked on a 3 week rolling rota basis
- 17 August 2022
Are you looking to improve the lives of homeless young people in our community and to develop, and work within a dynamic team? We are looking for individuals to be join our young people services for Stonepillow as a support worker. We need someone who is inspiring and passionate about young people’s rights and building them a positive future.
Stonepillow support and empower homeless and at-risk people to achieve sustainable independence and wellbeing. As the organisation grows, we are looking for someone to fill this new and exciting role. We want to engage the successful candidate into how we work in a trauma-informed approach and with kindness.
You will be working with 16+ Older Looked After Young People and Care Leavers that are in the care of West Sussex. You will be required to become familiar with legislation regarding young people in the care of local authority, and the robust Safeguarding, Whistleblowing and Health & Safety requirements.
This role will be based in Chichester and no previous experience is necessary – just the passion to work with young people and to learn about homelessness is required!
- Play an important role within a community-led organisation
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
- Clinical supervisions
- Support for ongoing Learning & Development
- Healthcare and wellbeing support including access to in-app virtual appointments with NHS registered GPs and access to a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme with face-to-face counselling.
- A medical cashback scheme and retail discounts
Closing date: 15 August 2022
The following are required of all roles with Stonepillow. However, you do not need to address these in your application.
The role requires an enhanced DBS.
Genuine interest in and commitment to Stonepillow’s work and client group
An understanding of and commitment to diversity, inclusion & equality
Willingness and ability to work shifts including evenings, weekends
Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements
- Please view the YP Services Day Support Worker Person Specification document
- Please view the YP Services Day Support Worker Job Description document