Women's Complex Needs Support Worker
- £20,053 per annum
- Bognor Regis
- Part Time - 30 hours per week (Flexible, to support the needs of the role) - core hours to be agreed
- 11 August 2022
Hours: 30 hours per week (Flexible to suit the needs of the role) - core hours to be agreed
Sex discrimination act exemption required
We have 1 part time role for a female applicant only to support a women’s’ only therapeutic housing provision service. It is an occupational requirement for the post holder to be female to offer emotional and practical support ensuring privacy and decency enabling women in the service to have a safe and secure environment to live.
Our Women’s Therapeutic Housing Service supports 5 women to live together and create an empowering community. The women may present with a wide range of challenges, from physical and mental ill-health to drug misuse, offending behaviour and a history of prostitution. We need to support these women to stabilise chaotic lifestyles and coordinate structured support packages that link clients with other specialist interventions and treatment in the community.
The service will work with a tight network of voluntary, statutory and community organisations to ensure the immediate and ongoing health and social care needs of women are met and that all relevant support is available.
Stonepillow are seeking applications from dynamic individuals who have a passion for women’s rights, tenacity in providing extensive support, and to get the women to achieve independence.
Stonepillow has a values framework and set of expected behaviours. Every employee is expected to work within this framework and participate in ensuring that these values are upheld in there day to day work.
These values are:
- Client focused– Putting clients at the heart of what we do and engaging them to actively participate at all levels of the Charity
- Collaborative - Working with clients, local communities, stakeholders and partners to reduce homelessness and end rough sleeping.
- Valuing diversity – Clients, staff, volunteers, trustees and communities
- Innovative and high quality – Delivering high quality services which evidence value for money and positive outcomes of Clients.
- Professional, respectful and kind always – When delivering services to our clients, working with communities and how behave towards each other on a day to day basis.
You will be proactive, using your own initiative and be creative in your approach to work, the successful candidate will have good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to motivate, engage and inspire including the initiative to be able to deal with challenging situations in a calm and effect manner.
It is essential that you have a non-judgmental and enabling approach to supporting homeless and vulnerable women and be willing to learn knowledge of health, housing and work issues facing vulnerable women who have multiple complex needs to live safer.
33 days holiday per year, pro-rata based on work pattern
Access to training and development
Charity worker discounts
Annual staff away day
Stonepillow is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Please view the Womens complex needs worker JD document
- Please view the Womens Complex needs worker PS document