Technical Admin Assistant (food production)
- £21,000 per annum
- Full Time
- 2 August 2021
Do you have admin experience and an interest in technical matters? If so, we have a great opportunity to join our technical standards team helping to ensure our high standards are maintained in our purpose-built factory fitted out with the latest high-tech pizza manufacturing equipment.
You do not need technical experience as full training will be given. What is important is that you have an attention to detail and are confident that if anything were not being done to the correct standards then you would identify this to your supervisor promptly. This is a vital role in our organisation as, along with your supervisor and department manager, you will be responsible for people's health and safety. Experience working with food would be an advantage although is not essential as full training will be given.
Your duties would include:
- Measuring the temperature of our freezers and recording on the appropriate paperwork
- Carrying out checks on our industrial ovens and updating our records
- Collecting food samples to be sent off for checking by our external auditors
- Assisting in keeping accurate records relating to food standards and safety
- Checking items received from our suppliers meet our standards (full training will be given)
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Attention to detail, diligent with a good work ethic
- A logical approach
- Admin experience
- To be happy to be trained up on the technical aspects (eg how to safely check the ovens, measure the freezer temperature etc)
- To have the confidence to notify your supervisor if anything does not meet our high standards
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Understanding of responsibility and willingness to learn
- Having an understanding Food Safety Guidelines and Health & Safety and / or have carried out an Introduction to HACCP Training would be an advantage
- English is the language of operations on site
A bit about us:
La Pizza Company was founded in Kingston Upon Thames by Pietro Vitolo from Capri, Italy. He used his own Neapolitan family pizza dough recipes to produce high quality pizza dough and part baked pizza bases. Pietro moved to Midhurst in 2001 to expand the family owned business within a purpose-built factory fitted out with the latest high-tech pizza manufacturing equipment. This enabled the company to grow and mass produce consistent, high quality Neapolitan recipes to the current day and beyond. The current Directors took over the business in August 2006 and changed its name in March 2012 to Pan’Artisan.
Today we supply an ever-expanding list of wholesalers and distributors, who deliver our products throughout the UK. You’ll find us in all the best restaurants, pubs, cafés, hotels and leisure venues where the quality of product is a priority. Pan ‘Artisan has BRC accreditation, and we have gained numerous awards over the years. We also pride ourselves on our Business Partnership with the Craft Guild of Chefs; working together to develop innovative, contemporary and flexible new products and provide inspiring menu solutions for today’s discerning consumer.
Appropriate PPE is provided in all cases as are uniforms and full training is given for all areas of the specific role being undertaken.