- £ 10.85 per hour plus excellent benefits
- Various - 10 - 40 hours including evenings and weekends
- 27 December 2022
The Housekeeping Attendant will be part of the Housekeeping team and will report to the Head Housekeeper. The hourly rate is £10.00 rising to £10.35 upon successful completion of probation.
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
Purpose of the role
Responsible for ensuring all areas of the hotel are clean, tidy and maintained to a high standard at all times and within the designated time frames. These areas include Guest Rooms, Public Areas and also includes Linen duties.
- To ensure guest rooms are clean and tidy including tasks such as replacing bed linen, bathroom towels, replenishing used amenities, deep cleaning and vacuuming as required
- To assist in maintaining all public areas including guest toilets, showers and changing facilities
- To act upon guest requests and special requirements where necessary
- To report and log all items of lost property
- To undertake other duties from time to time, as requested by the Head Housekeeper or Housekeeping Supervisors
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- Fluent in English
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- Previous experience of working in a housekeeping department would be an advantage
- Own or reliable transport is essential due to the rural location of Goodwood
- Be a team player with enthusiasm for getting stuck in
- Meticulous attention to detail and a passion for maintaining high standards of cleanliness and presentation is an essential requirement
- Please view the Housekeeping Attendant Job Description document (opens in a pop up)