Junior Sous Chef for Farmer Butcher Chef at Goodwood
- £27,000 per annum plus excellent benefits and significant gratuity
- Full Time - Full Time - 40 hours worked over 5 days includes evenings and weekends
- 21 October 2021
We are looking for an inspirational cook and a strong deputy kitchen leader to join our talented brigade at Farmer Butcher Chef, our exceptional 2 AA Rosette restaurant at The Goodwood Hotel.
As Junior Sous Chef you’ll help Jamie, our Head Chef and Lucian, our Senior Sous, to maintain high levels of service that consistently exceeds customer expectations. You’ll support with the control of resources and cultivate the understanding of good food throughout the Estate.
You’ll be delivering amazing quality dishes using local organic produce, including award winning meats and cheeses fresh from our own Estate Farm. You’ll even receive training and development opportunities within our in-house butchery, dairy processing and cheese-making facilities.
Nowhere else can control every aspect of their produce in the way we can. Our butcher is directly involved in designing dishes according to what cuts are available. This original approach means nothing is wasted.
For more information on our amazing restaurant please follow this link: Farmer, Butcher Chef
The successful candidate will be able to inspire, motivate and coach the team, and be confident in managing the brigade in the absence of the Senior Sous/Head Chef.
What do you need to be successful:
- Experience of working at the required level (or be ready to progress to Junior Sous Level)
- Friendly and positive with a passion for cooking with fresh, locally sourced food
- Experience of working with fresh food in quality establishments and of supervising a team
- Great communication and team work - you'll be friendly and helpful
- High attention to detail with some added flair!
What you’ll get:
- Tickets to our events, free gym membership and a health cash plan
- Overtime payments for extra hours worked
- Entitlement to a percentage of the tips
- Access to the annual bonus scheme
- Annual pay review
- Free parking, uniform and meals whilst on shift
In addition to this we also provide uniforms and staff meals when on shift.
We’d love to hear from you. Click the green button to apply below:
- Please view the JuniorSousChefJD copy document (opens in a pop up)