Housekeeping Supervisor - Goodwood Private Members Club
- £20,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
- Full Time - 40 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days including evenings and weekends
- 30 August 2021
The Housekeeping Supervisor – Kennels and Hound Lodge will be part of the Kennels and Hound Lodge Housekeeping team and will report to the Operations Manager.
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
Purpose of the role
The Supervision and operational daily cleaning of all areas of The Kennels and Hound Lodge to ensure they are clean, tidy and maintained to the highest possible standard at all times and within the designated time frames. These areas include Public Areas, Guest Rooms and also include Laundry duties.
- To oversee the cleaning all public areas of The Kennels, including guest toilets, showers, rooms and changing facilities
- To ensure that all areas of Hound Lodge, including public areas and guest rooms, are cleaned and maintained at all times and set ready for Show Rounds and Guests.
- To create the Rotas for the Laundry and Housekeeping team ensuring efficient staffing levels are maintained.
- The creation of checklists and undertaking of checks to ensure standards are maintained.
- To undertake cleaning duties.
- To ensure sufficient stock levels including towels, toilet paper and toiletries and the ordering of required stock with the sign off of the Operations Manager or General Manager.
- To act upon guest requests and special requirements where necessary
- Management of the linen, organising stock and ensuring that levels are maintained and that unsuitable items are removed and recorded
- Oversee The Kennels Laundry to ensure efficient stock is clean and ready for use in Hound Lodge and The Kennels
- To control costs where possible without impacting on the level of service or quality
- To report Kennels and Hound Lodge maintenance and defects to the repairs and maintenance team.
- To undertake other duty from time to time when necessary, as requested by the Operations Manager or Kennels Management Team.
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- Fluent in English
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- Previous experience of working in a housekeeping department
- Own or reliable transport is essential due to the rural location of Goodwood
- Be a team player with enthusiasm for getting stuck in
- Meticulous attention to detail and a passion for maintaining high standards of cleanliness and presentation is an essential requirement
- Experience at a supervisor level
- Please view the Housekeeping Supervisor Job Description document