- £ 18,532.80 per annum plus excellent benefits
- Full Time - 40 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days including evenings and weekends
- 1 June 2021
The Commis Chef will be part of the Bar & Grill kitchen team and report to the Head Chef.
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
Purpose of the role
Responsible for assisting the Senior Chef on duty with storage, preparation and cooking of all food items for the Bar & Grill. To demonstrate and help maintain high levels of service that consistently exceed customer expectations.Purpose of the role
- To monitor food stocks and stock movement
- To ensure minimum kitchen wastage
- To learn and record skills and recipes from other members of the team
- To follow cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean your section and other areas as directed
- To accept and store deliveries as and when required
- To ensure that mis en place is completed in your section
- To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times as and when required
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise, organise and multi-task
- Quick learner
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- Hold a foundation food hygiene certificate or equivalent
- Experience of working in a similar role is desirable but not essential
- Please view the Commis Chef Job Description document (opens in a pop up)