- £ 18,532.80 per annum plus excellent benefits
- Full Time - 40 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days including evenings and weekends
- 14 May 2021
The Kitchen Porter will be part of The Hound Lodge Kitchen Team and report to the Hound Lodge Head Chef.
Hound Lodge is a Luxury, Exclusive Use, Private Hunting Lodge established in 2015. Goodwood is a quintessentially English Estate. With over 300 years of history a setting, in 12,000 acres of West Sussex countryside and our story play significant roles in Goodwood’s success. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes us unique.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
Purpose of the role
Responsible for keeping all kitchen areas and equipment clean and tidy. To help maintain high levels of service and assist with the smooth running of the kitchen at Hound Lodge.
- To follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as direc
- To ensure that all kitchen ware is cleaned and well maintained including using all PPE chemicals appropriately.
- To report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef immediately.
- To comply with all Goodwood policies and procedures to ensure that all-statutory regulations are observe
- To comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policie
- To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if re
- To comply with COSHH & HACCAP Training
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
- Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage
- Certificates in Food Hygiene, COSHH, Manual Handling and some training in Health and Safety would be desirable but are not essential as training can and will be give
- Please view the Hound Lodge Kitchen Porter JD April 2021 document (opens in a pop up)