General Farm Worker
- Competitive - depending on experience
- Full Time - 40 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days including evenings and weekends
- 5 March 2021
The General Farm Worker will be part of the Home Farm team and report to the Farm Manager.
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
The Real Thing Derring-Do Obsession for Perfection Sheer Love of Life
Always inspired by Goodwood’s heritage
Daring to surprise and delight
Striving to do things even better
Sharing our infectious enthusiasm
Purpose of the role
To assist in looking after all cattle, sheep and pigs including checking, feeding and bedding. Tractor driving, including day to day operations as well as seasonal work. Also, relief livestock duties alternate weekends and holiday cover.
- General livestock work – from young stock to finished animals.
- Assist Shepherd and Pig Stock Person during their busy periods
- Tractor driving and machine operation including topping, haulage and loader work
- Feeding of livestock, including use of feeder wagon – this will be the primary role on a day-to-day basis
- Routine maintenance of equipment
- Possible relief milking
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Proactive approach to getting things done
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- Proven experience of animal husbandry
- Agricultural qualification preferable
- Proven experience with a range of machinery
- Experience with telehandler and feeder wagon operation
- Ability to manage own time to ensure all tasks are completed
- Hard working, team attitude essential
- Please view the Job Description General Farm Worker document