Working Herds Manager
- £34,000 per annum - plus excellent benefits
- Full Time
- 27 February 2020
Picture yourself as our experienced and enthusiastic Working Herd Manager. We are looking for someone to take day-to-day responsibility for the Goodwood Home Farm dairy business. This role includes Accommodation, free of rent.
Set at the heart of the 12,000 acre Sussex estate, Goodwood Home Farm is one of the largest lowland organic farms in the UK. The farm nestles at the foot of the Sussex Downs and has soil which is mainly free draining chalk, ideal for the grazing of our cattle.
In this management position you’ll be responsible for a small team, and will therefore be able to lead by example, developing and inspiring our small dairy team.
Day to day you’ll take an active approach, working with the herd and undertaking a proportion of the milking, herd health and welfare tasks, grazing management and fertility work. You’ll also be responsible for the management and rearing of all dairy youngstock and replacement heifers.
What you’ll need:
- An in-depth understanding and passion for all farm-based food production
- Proven relevant experience in dairy cow husbandry
- People management experience
- Knowledge of budgeting and cost control & experience in organic systems
- Knowledge of assurance schemes, cross compliance and environmental stewardship
- Computer literate – particularly in Microsoft office and Interherd
- Full and current driving license, telehandler and AI certification
What you’ll get:
A competitive package which will include:
- Accommodation free of rent, 1/2 council tax paid, close to the farm and 10 minutes from Chichester
- Training and development opportunities
- A company pension with employer contributions
- Discounted products from across the Estate
- Free Gym and Health Club Membership
- A health cash plan and access to a comprehensive wellbeing package
- Event tickets to our motorsport and horseracing events
If you’re self-motivated with extremely high standards and previous experience in a similar role, we’d love to hear from you.
- Please view the Working Herd Manager JD document