Head of Media Content
- Competitive Depending on skills and experience; Excellent benefits
- Full Time
- 31 October 2019
In this senior position, Goodwood is looking to recruit a Head of Media Content, with significant experience of editorial management across a variety of media platforms. Along with a naturally creative mindset, the successful candidate must have strong commercial instincts, to optimise the monetisation of online platforms without compromising brand integrity.
Goodwood's internationally acclaimed motorsport events showcase arguably the greatest car content in the world, alongside the growing popularity of technology, fashion and lifestyle. As well as creating unique on-event moments for our guests, every year we strive to come up with new ways to bring to life the stories behind that content, and to give those stories a unique Goodwood twist.
We are looking for a Head of Media Content to lead our in-house editorial team, who spend their working days sharing our 'gospel of motorsport' with the world, showcasing the uniqueness of motorsport and lifestyle at Goodwood.
In this fast-paced role, you will help devise and deliver a coherent strategy across TV, print, website and social media. You'll oversee media output for Goodwood's motorsport division, including the Goodwood Road & Racing website, social media accounts, broadcast and printed event programmes. Although principally focussed on motoring and motorsport, this also includes the future of mobility, technology, fashion, lifestyle, and the myriad other subjects that make the Goodwood Estate unique.
Along with producing an engaging narrative and ensuring a consistent tone of voice across all platforms, you will be a driving force in monetising media, including exclusive content produced for our membership and media partners.
Excellent communication skills are essential, as you'll be responsible for managing direct reports, as well as relationships with internal stakeholders and third-party suppliers. You'll lead by example, developing and maintaining a market-leading editorial team.
What you will have:
- A current background in media
- Demonstrable commercial expertise in monetising media assets
- Proven track record in building owned audiences through innovative content strategies
- A broad general knowledge and interest in all things motoring and motorsport – past, present and future.
- The ability to identify and shape a story, regardless of the subject matter
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- The ability to work well under pressure, while meeting strict deadlines
- You'll be a true creative, but with strong, natural commercial instincts
What you will get:
- Attractive remuneration package
- Free gym/health club membership
- An exceptional calendar of social events to be enjoyed throughout the year
- Free tickets to all of our events
- A comprehensive wellbeing programme including weekly massages, exercise classes and cookery sessions
- The opportunity to make a difference and help Goodwood become as famous for its editorial excellence as it is for its world-leading events
Click 'apply' now!
- Please view the Head of Media Content document