- £36,000 per annum - plus excellent benefits
- Full Time
- 5 April 2020
Are you ready to roll out the green carpet?
If ‘YES’, can you picture yourself creating a beautiful garden at the heart of the Goodwood Estate, that builds on our heritage and gives visitors an exceptional experience?
The Goodwood garden dates back to the 1720’s and is predominantly a wooded landscape garden. There are formal areas in front of the Orangery, ornamental Dairy and family kitchen. Herbaceous borders flank the Library Lawns and Pond Walk. The garden becomes a central focus during our headline events, the Festival of Speed, the Goodwood Revival and the Qatar Goodwood Festival.
You’ll be confident to create a working environment that is not only dynamic but also champions new approaches and great ideas.
As the custodian of our garden, your primary responsibility will be to lead and inspire the existing team of eight gardeners, whilst also implementing new designs, creating a cut-flower garden and increasing our fruit and vegetable yield.
By coaching and developing the Gardens team and working collaboratively with key stakeholders, including The Duke and Duchess of Richmond, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the current garden.
What you’ll need:
- Qualified to at least RHS level 3
- 5 years garden development experience
- You’ll be a creative thinker with the ability to bring ideas alive
- Experience in engaging a team to understand your vision and strategy through coaching, active listening and feedback
- Experience of kitchen gardening, cut flowers and plant propogation
- A good plantsman
What you’ll get:
A competitive package which will include:
- Training and development opportunities
- A company pension with employer contributions
- Discounted products from across the Estate
- Free Gym and Health Club Membership
- A health cash plan and access to a comprehensive wellbeing package
- Event tickets to our motorsport and horseracing events
Please note, during this time we are not able to respond to applications but we still very much want to hear from you! We will ensure you are updated upon our return to work in the near future.
- Please view the Head Gardener 2020 document