Mergers & Acquisitions Transaction Executive
- £40,000 to £45,000 per annum (£50k - £55k inc company bonus) depending on experience
- Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
- 2 October 2023
Job title: Mergers & Acquisitions Transaction Executive
Remuneration: Basic £40k - £45k pa (depending on experience) / OTE £50k - £55k (inc company bonus)
Are you an experienced qualified or part-qualified accountant with previous Corporate Finance, M&A or transaction experience (gained in either an accountancy firm or boutique corporate finance firm); or perhaps you are currently working in industry (outside of M&A) and would like to move into Corporate Finance? If so, we have an excellent opportunity to join a friendly and successful team, where you can really contribute to and influence decision-making, be part of the exciting company growth phase and moreover, enhance your personal development, including developing wider commercial experience which you may not have access to working in larger firms.
Evolution Capital is a market-leading corporate finance boutique, exclusively advising business owners and management teams in the ICT sector on business divestitures, mergers & acquisitions, fund raising as well as organic value improvement programmes.
Working as part of our Transaction Team you will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day running of client engagements, and project managing those engagements, from the initial business review through to completion of the transactions. This means you will have a varied role which will involve all aspects of M&A from deal-making and winning new business to creating transactional documentation. You will be working closely with our Transaction Director who will support you in becoming expert in our full suite of corporate finance service offerings. We support your training and development with role mentoring, online, onsite and offsite training courses.
To be successful in this role, you will need exceptional commercial accountancy skills, be highly committed to quality and excellence, and lead with initiative whilst having a down-to-earth "sleeves rolled up, can-do" attitude. Strong interpersonal, written communication and project management skills are absolutely necessary, as the role will have plenty of client exposure at executive and shareholder level.
The role provides an exceptional candidate the opportunity to progress rapidly within 12-24 months, working with a high performing team, known for its deep industry expertise. You will be self-motivated, proactive and enjoy a varied role. Our team motto is ‘no one of us is as smart as all of us’ and we demonstrate that by working in a highly collaborative, customer centric and quality improvement focused environment.
We have offices in London and on the south coast in Chichester. This role is based from our Chichester office, so candidates need to live within an easy daily commute from Chichester, West Sussex. Additionally, there may be some travel across the UK.
Experience & qualifications we seek
- An experienced part or fully qualified accountant, preferably with relevant M&A or transaction experience (but not essential).
- A candidate with a CFA qualification is also highly preferable.
- Currently within a professional services firm such as audit, transactions, corporate finance or general accountancy, or an industry accountant with 2+ years post university experience within IT and telecoms sector, preferred but not essential.
- An excellent track record in client account management, with the gravitas to provide advice at senior board level.
- Excellent MS suite skills (Excel & PowerPoint in particular).
- Advanced excel skills such as PowerQuery and PowerPivot as well as familiarity with data analytics tools such as Power BI and Alteryx would be a great advantage.
- Possess strong analytical skills, with experience in business planning, financial modelling and business valuation techniques.
- Have a well-rounded commercial awareness with a strong sense of integrity and business ethics.
- A strong people person, you will be a highly motivated team player with the ability to work in a unique and highly interdependent team environment.
- Be driven to exceed client expectations; you will be managing existing client projects and helping win new business opportunities.
- Personal organisation and agility to be able to originate and execute multiple transactions/mandates independently.
Why work for us
- We are industry specialists in our sector, with a reputation spanning two decades of achieving great transactional outcomes for our clients.
- You will be a key part of our small, innovative and dynamic team working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Considerable opportunities for career progression and personal development.
- Shared success in the form of a company bonus scheme.