Insurance Sales Manager
- Competitive - plus excellent benefits
- Full Time
- 9 March 2021
About Direct Life
We combine innovative technology with great people skills to deliver a unique, winning combination of on and offline services for our customers and business partners. Working here, you can directly evolve these, growing the Outbound sales team and making a real difference.
We are looking for a Sales Manager to lead our Outbound sales team, helping to accelerate the growth of our business through our Direct channel. We want you to grow new business Protection application volumes through the Outbound sales team, delivering successful customer outcomes through excellent communication skills.
Our office is based in the centre of Chichester. However, due to the current pandemic, you will be required to work from home until such time it is appropriate to return to the office. This means the successful applicant must have good broadband and home working space.
Insurance Sales Manager
This role allows you to use your skills to help grow the outbound sales business, and influence the development of our Direct propositions. We are looking for someone who has experience with advised and non-advised sales.
This role is responsible for:
- Motivating and coaching the outbound team, ensuring calls are converted into sales
- Running an effective and dynamic Outbound service for current and future partners
- Planning, developing and implementing effective contact strategies to increase conversion
- Developing appropriate reporting metrics and procedures to evaluate effectiveness of sales activity
- Evaluate, analyse and report on business volumes resulting from activity.
- Measuring and reporting performance of all campaigns, providing actionable market and customer insights to address key strategic questions
- Following all regulatory and cultural guidelines and procedures as outlined in the staff handbook and Operational manuals e.g. Treating Customers Fairly (TCF), Data Protection, Health and Safety, Financial Crime, Money Laundering and Complaint handling.
- Providing the highest possible standard of Customer care, meeting Customer needs and satisfy business demands
- Showing flexibility in carrying out any other reasonable duties set by the Chief Commercial Officer
You will have done something similar in the past in the Protection market and want to use your skills in a new organisation, possibly taking up your first management position. You want to make things happen and make a difference. We are looking for someone who can bring us the latest best practice to improve our business and lead the team.
You will need the following skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication, organisational and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills and a high degree of business acumen
- Ability to handle projects with attention to detail and accuracy
- A desire to make things happen
- Minimum 2 years' work experience in the Financial Services sector, with some experience in the life market
It’s a 37.5 hour week, with:
- You get the day off on your Birthday
- Access to Perkbox – employee portal offering a huge range of perks, free treats and benefits
- Generous holiday entitlement (plus all the bank holidays)
- Life Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Voucher Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Application closing date: Tuesday 9 March 2021.
Interviews to be held w/c: Monday 15 March 2021.
Apply via Direct Life’s Careers Page: https://www.alljobspro.com/direct-life-jobs/careers
"When I first joined the company I started as a Case Manager Assistant and within 3 weeks I was promoted to a Case Manager! The training that I had acquired as an Assistant laid a solid foundation for the extended training that was required to become a Case Manager. Everyone in the team was very welcoming and kind, and they were happy to help me with any queries that I had.
The office is a friendly, welcoming, happy and safe place and everyone has a laugh whilst working hard. This job is a fantastic opportunity to start my career and I would highly recommended working here to anyone."
Case Manager - August 2020
"I’ve worked for Direct Life for nearly 6 years having several different roles from Case Manager to Sales Advisor and now the Communication & Product Manager. It’s a great company to work for and has a fantastic culture of developing skills to help staff achieve their goals.
It’s also a real encouragement to work somewhere where so many people have been for years and years. "
Communication & Product Manager
"Direct Life is an ever growing company and with each step undergoes new and exciting changes.I am proud to be a part of this growth as an employee and feel that I make a real contribution to people's well being by helping them get their insurance cover in place. I am lucky that I have a job that offers variety and challenges me and I really have a sense of accomplishment at the end of a case. We excel as a team and feel more like a family at times than just a company."
What's it like to work for Direct Life?
If you enjoy working for a dynamic, innovative and passionate company, with a great bunch of friendly, hardworking people, in the centre of one of the UK’s most refined Roman Cities, then Direct Life is the place to be!
We provide extensive and professional training for all new starters, within a supportive environment and there are plenty of development opportunities. We are passionate about the service we provide to all our customers; our aim is for everyone to have life cover as quickly as possible, with an easy process for all involved.