- Competitive - plus excellent benefits
- Chichester (or working from home)
- Full Time
- 10 August 2020
Please note the location of this job is Chichester (West Sussex) or working from home
About Direct Life
We combine innovative technology with great people skills to deliver a unique, winning combination of on and offline services for our customers and business partners. Working here, you can directly evolve these further, make a real difference, fulfil ambitions and get a fantastic sense of achievement.
In line with our mantra of ‘Life Made Simple’ our new digital life insurance broker, Money For Them, launched in Feb 2020 offers traditional life insurance policies digitally through a mobile first service. The mission is to make the buying journey associated with life insurance as easy as possible on mobile and to test a range of new associated services. We’ve started with 2 products live, taking inspiration from outside financial services and fast moving consumer goods companies. And it’s no surprise we want to do more and bring lots of ideas into the market.
We are ready to hire more people to help us deliver further experiments.
It’s a 37.5 hour week, with:
As a test analyst you will be responsible for the design and execution of test strategies along with the maintenance of an automated test suite that supports our customer journeys, delivering high quality solutions to agreed deadlines
- Carry out functional/non-functional and user acceptance testing to ensure that high quality standards are achieved at all times for all software releases
- Develop, maintain and run a suite of automated or manual test plans
- Record software defects and work with team members to troubleshoot any problems with systems in production
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal
- Identify and define opportunities for process improvements, measurements for those improvements and the implementation and roll out process to ensure that overall quality standards and customer expectations are met or exceeded
- A deep understanding and experience of Agile software development processes
- Experience of Selenium Webdriver and C#
- Previous manual testing experience throughout the full software development life cycle including test planning, scripting, execution and analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with team members and customers
- Outstanding communication skills
- Organisational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and methodical approach to problem solving Strong understanding of available data and data architecture Ability to identify and recognise technical dependencies
- A professional accreditation (such as ISTQB / ISEB) would be an advantage
What we offer
It’s a 37.5 hour week, with:
- Attractive salary
- Smart city centre offices
- Birthday day off
- Perkbox (lots of local discounts and freebies)
- Share of our bonus pot
- Generous holiday entitlement (up to 30 days plus all the bank holidays)
- Life Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme (24/7 helpline)
- Social and fundraising events
How to apply
In the first instance please provide your CV along with explaining why your experience and ambitions will be a perfect fit for the above.
"When I first joined the company I started as a Case Manager Assistant and within 3 weeks I was promoted to a Case Manager! The training that I had acquired as an Assistant laid a solid foundation for the extended training that was required to become a Case Manager. Everyone in the team was very welcoming and kind, and they were happy to help me with any queries that I had.
The office is a friendly, welcoming, happy and safe place and everyone has a laugh whilst working hard. This job is a fantastic opportunity to start my career and I would highly recommended working here to anyone."
Case Manager - August 2020
"I’ve worked for Direct Life for nearly 6 years having several different roles from Case Manager to Sales Advisor and now the Communication & Product Manager. It’s a great company to work for and has a fantastic culture of developing skills to help staff achieve their goals.
It’s also a real encouragement to work somewhere where so many people have been for years and years. "
Communication & Product Manager
"Direct Life is an ever growing company and with each step undergoes new and exciting changes.I am proud to be a part of this growth as an employee and feel that I make a real contribution to people's well being by helping them get their insurance cover in place. I am lucky that I have a job that offers variety and challenges me and I really have a sense of accomplishment at the end of a case. We excel as a team and feel more like a family at times than just a company."
What's it like to work for Direct Life?
If you enjoy working for a dynamic, innovative and passionate company, with a great bunch of friendly, hardworking people, in the centre of one of the UK’s most refined Roman Cities, then Direct Life is the place to be!
We provide extensive and professional training for all new starters, within a supportive environment and there are plenty of development opportunities. We are passionate about the service we provide to all our customers; our aim is for everyone to have life cover as quickly as possible, with an easy process for all involved.