- Competitive - plus excellent benefits
- Chichester (or working from home)
- Full Time
- 10 August 2020
Please note the location of this job is Chichester (West Sussex) or working from home
About Direct Life
We combine innovative technology with great people skills to deliver a unique, winning combination of on and offline services for our customers and business partners. Working here, you can directly evolve these further, make a real difference, fulfil ambitions and get a fantastic sense of achievement.
In line with our mantra of ‘Life Made Simple’ our new digital life insurance broker, Money For Them, launched in Feb 2020 offers traditional life insurance policies digitally through a mobile first service. The mission is to make the buying journey associated with life insurance as easy as possible on mobile and to test a range of new associated services. We’ve started with 2 products live, taking inspiration from outside financial services and fast moving consumer goods companies. And it’s no surprise we want to do more and bring lots of ideas into the market.
We are ready to hire more people to help us deliver further experiments.
About the job and the work
Fundamentally this role is about injecting some specification, drive and rigour into a range of digital product experiments. You will be the voice of the customer or business partner, who understands the vision and defines the systems needed, and along with the development team delivers the service.
This role is responsible for:
- Turning the vision into well thought through designs and specifications
- Working within the business to prioritise, agree scheduling and manage the developments along with the Scrum Master and rest of the team
- Identifying and defining success metrics and key performance indicators for these digital services
- Working with insurance companies, compliance and customer service colleagues to plan, deliver and manage the ongoing service and its success
- Researching and analysing the market, the users and competitors and updating the roadmap for the product as things change
You can take an idea and turn it into something tangible and useful. You’re creative, yet structured and able to communicate a vision. You will have done something similar in the past and want to do it again.
Yes, you’ll need to learn how we work at Direct Life, but we are also looking for someone who can teach us how best to get live experiments in front of customers.
- Strong technical literacy and experience, with the ability to communicate these concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Provide digital product management and develop expertise, particularly in direct to consumer mobile ecommerce offerings
- Product owner experience in ‘direct to consumer’ initiatives in financial services, fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) or Financial Services or Travel/Leisure industries
- Independence, flexibility and cultural sensitivity in collaborating with colleagues across different locations
- Experienced at documenting users stories and acceptance criteria for software development teams
- Expert at planning against and delivering on a product vision
- Full comprehension of the product lifecycle and how ideas get translated and delivered to users.
What we offer
It’s a 37.5 hour week, with:
- Attractive salary
- Smart city centre offices
- Birthday day off
- Perkbox (lots of local discounts and freebies)
- Share of our bonus pot
- Generous holiday entitlement (up to 30 days plus all the bank holidays)
- Life Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Care vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme (24/7 helpline)
- Social and fundraising events.
How to apply
In the first instance please provide your CV along with explaining why your experience and ambitions will be a perfect fit for the above.
"When I first joined the company I started as a Case Manager Assistant and within 3 weeks I was promoted to a Case Manager! The training that I had acquired as an Assistant laid a solid foundation for the extended training that was required to become a Case Manager. Everyone in the team was very welcoming and kind, and they were happy to help me with any queries that I had.
The office is a friendly, welcoming, happy and safe place and everyone has a laugh whilst working hard. This job is a fantastic opportunity to start my career and I would highly recommended working here to anyone."
Case Manager - August 2020
"I’ve worked for Direct Life for nearly 6 years having several different roles from Case Manager to Sales Advisor and now the Communication & Product Manager. It’s a great company to work for and has a fantastic culture of developing skills to help staff achieve their goals.
It’s also a real encouragement to work somewhere where so many people have been for years and years. "
Communication & Product Manager
"Direct Life is an ever growing company and with each step undergoes new and exciting changes.I am proud to be a part of this growth as an employee and feel that I make a real contribution to people's well being by helping them get their insurance cover in place. I am lucky that I have a job that offers variety and challenges me and I really have a sense of accomplishment at the end of a case. We excel as a team and feel more like a family at times than just a company."
What's it like to work for Direct Life?
If you enjoy working for a dynamic, innovative and passionate company, with a great bunch of friendly, hardworking people, in the centre of one of the UK’s most refined Roman Cities, then Direct Life is the place to be!
We provide extensive and professional training for all new starters, within a supportive environment and there are plenty of development opportunities. We are passionate about the service we provide to all our customers; our aim is for everyone to have life cover as quickly as possible, with an easy process for all involved.