Careers with us
The White Horse Inn is a modern British country inn, situated in an idyllic 18th century setting in Sutton (10 minutes Petworth, 15 minutes Pulborough, 20 minutes Chichester). We're a freehouse serving a fine array of local ales, beers and wines together with the highest quality, locally sourced, traditional British pub food with a contemporary accent.
We're building a team imbued with pride and passion. One that is positive, friendly and inclusive. We want to work alongside people that are reliable, conscientious and well presented. Everyone needs to be proactive in their decision making, prioritise their tasks, organise their sections and ask for support when its needed. We want you to continually expand your knowledge, learn from those around you and share your skills and experience. We want you to stay with us.
If this sounds like a team you'd like to be part of, apply now!
Please view all current vacancies here
- £19,000 to £21,000 per annum - plus Overtime and Gratuities
- Full Time - 48 Hours per Week
- 8 October 2019
We have a genuine opportunity for a second Assistant Manager at The White Horse Inn.
Our new pub & restaurant has a calm, friendly and professional atmosphere and is equipped with the latest equipment including Tevalis EPOS system, Future of Dispense cellar equipment from Brewfitt, Harry Mason's Cask Ale dispense and Hoshizaki ice making. If your passion for serving real ale, great food and fine wine is anything like ours, you’ll be delighted to discover this country inn and the high standards we hold ourselves to.
The welcome is warm and sincere. We want our guests to relax in a comfortable environment and allow us to delight their senses. Talented and ambitious chefs prepare quality dishes rooted in a classic British style, with specials championing local and seasonal produce. We produce our menu from scratch, and pride ourselves on creating delicious dishes from locally sourced, seasonal ingredients.
Two open fires greet guests in the bar on colder days and our outside terrace offers a perfect spot for alfresco dining in the summer months. You'll find our bar is well-stocked and as a Free House, we are able to change our offer as often as we like. We’ll have fun creating new drinks and selecting local beers and spirits our guests will want to enjoy.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- have a minimum of 2 years experience in a comparable business in a supervisory role
- be outgoing, confident and friendly
- be able to anticipate guests needs
- be well organised and calm under pressure
- enjoy working as part of a team and able to stand in for our General Manager
- have an appreciation for wine and a willingness to learn about its intricacies
- be able to travel to Sutton, West Sussex (RH20 1PS) or be happy to car share with one of your colleagues
- be able to work split shifts if needed, including weekends and bank holidays
Benefits of working at The White Horse:
- Two consecutive days off each week, or split days if preferred
- Minimal Split-shifts
- Christmas Day off
- Paid Overtime
- Paid Holidays
- Pension scheme with employer contribution
- Staff discount on food, drink and accommodation
- Our creative menu changes seasonally, with updates on a monthly basis, and we also offer specials most evenings.
- Opportunities for your development: If you feel that Hospitality can offer you a career, you'll be pleased with the professionalism of this team and the opportunity you'll have to perfect your skills and progress in the industry.
- For serious candidates, we'll support you through additional training and learning leading to industry recognised qualifications. GCSE passes in Maths & English are requirements for this role and further educational opportunities.
- Opportunities for experience: Everyone receives training and experiences work at the next level up by providing holiday cover for their colleagues.
- Friendly owners invested in you and the success of the business alongside an experienced management team
- Car share options may be available from various locations including Tangmere / Chichester, Pulborough, Billingshurst etc
This position is available for an immediate start, however we would be happy to wait for the right candidate; we look forward to receiving your application.
Please view all current vacancies here