Warehouse Operative / Occasional Van Driver
- £20,886 per annum Circa (conditional on meeting driving requirements)
- Full Time - 37 hours per week working 5 days across a 7 day rota plus bank holidays
- 8 June 2023
Hours : 37 hours per week, working 5 days across a 7 day rota plus bank holidays
Salary: circa £20,886 per annum (conditional on meeting driving requirements)
Stonepillow has social enterprise projects in Chichester and Bognor Regis comprising a large retail shop, donation Hub warehouse and a high street charity shop, selling predominantly furniture, white goods and electrical products, and run with the assistance of clients and other volunteers.
Based at our donation Hub/charity shop in Chichester, you will undertake manual lifting and warehouse work to provide an efficient Donation Hub where you will accept delivery of donated goods by our clients, donators and customers. Where you will be responsible for the loading and unloading of our vans. The set up and storage of all our goods, food donations and recycling departments.
As a warehouse operative, you have an important responsibility to ensure the cleanliness of our Donation Hub and ensure that all deliveries and collections are ready to be carried out promptly and in a safe, professional and effective manner acting as an ambassador of Stonepillow managing customer expectations in a polite and courteous manner. You will be an advocate for Gift Aid on all donated goods.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working withing a team and work constructively with colleagues and managers in all aspects of the warehouse operative’s work. Contribute positively to meetings such as supervision, appraisal and training events.
The benefits of working at Stonepillow:
- Actively supporting those in need in your local community
- Healthcare and wellbeing support including access to in-app virtual appointments with NHS registered GPs and access to a comprehensive Employee Assistance programme with face-to-face counselling
- A medical cashback scheme and retail discounts
- Stakeholder pension, employer contribution of 5%
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
A bit about us:
Stonepillow support and empower homeless and vulnerable people with compassion and commitment to achieve sustainable independence and wellbeing and make positive changes in their lives.
Stonepillow is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced or basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.