Payroll and Finance Manager
- £38,000 to £40,000 per annum depending on experience and qualifications
- Haywards Heath
- Full Time - Mon – Fri 09:00 – 17:00
- 31 October 2023
My Choice Children's Homes are nurturing children’s homes for 'Looked After Children' across nine homes throughout Sussex and Surrey.
Our homes provide a nurturing, medium to long-term, non-institutional environment for young people to begin to work towards their future and independence, or to return home or to alternative carers. We support our children and young people, empowering them through therapeutic services, to face the issues both in their past and present that have caused them difficulties, resulting in outstanding outcomes for them.
We are looking for a Finance Manager to play a critical role within the company and is responsible for providing financial insights to support decision-making, optimising financial processes, and ensuring the financial health and stability of the company. The candidate needs to support the Directors with the day to day running of the Company and provide an efficient and effective service to staff, Local Authorities and suppliers across a full range of financial services.
To succeed in this role you will need –
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be a confident communicator, able to influence, persuade, coach and negotiate
- A sound knowledge of payroll legislation
- High level of computer literacy; MS Office, Excel, Access and Word
- Extensive experience of all accounting functions
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with employees and external contacts
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to contribute to a professional team and committed to continuous self-development.
- A good understanding of Sage Line 50
- Able to prioritise tasks to ensure time is used effectively & efficiently
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent including Maths & English
- Willingness to undertake qualifications and training provided
- Experience of budgetary and managing finances
- Experience of managing a team is advantageous
Benefits of working at My Choice -
- CACHE registered training centre therefore access to high quality training
- Company pension scheme
- 22 + bank holidays days paid leave per year
- Access to Perkbox
- Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00
We do not accept calls from agencies for any roles.
- Please view the Job Description Finance Manager document (opens in a pop up)
Keeping in line with Children’s Homes Regulation 2015, Ofsted requirements and Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, our recruitment process comprises of two interviews (three for a teaching role), two inductions with online training.
We have an initial interview at our head office to ascertain skills and knowledge, verify identity proofs and DBS status. If a candidate is successful at interview at this stage, they will be invited to a second, informal interview at one of our eight children’s homes–our children and young people have a voice in this stage too!
If a candidate is successful at the second interview an offer of employment will be given and the candidate will be invited to a two day induction at head office to complete online courses including child exploitation and child protection.
The second induction will take place in the home you have been selected to work in.
My Choice can guarantee the following for their staff:
- comprehensive and continued training
- career development.
All staff are expected to gain their Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare Englandand are fully supported in this by our Learning and Development Manager. My Choice has a registered training centre with CACHE NCFE and all Diplomas are completed through the centre.
We also offer a bridging course to fill gaps in knowledge if a Level 3 has previously been achieved and we offer Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare England.
All new starters will be enrolled onto a course immediately after employment to ensure Regulation 32 of the Children’s Homes Regulation 2015 is met and adhered to.
My Choice also offer the Therapeutic Practitioners Award facilitated by Lifetrain UK ™ which develops our therapeutic practices within the company. Training provided but is not limited to –
- Advanced child protection
- Medication training
- Equality and Diversity
- Team Teach
- Restorative justice
- First aid
- Food hygiene
- Health and safety management.
At My Choice, career progression is measured by merit and commitment, not when a vacancy occurs within the company.
Employee Introduction Scheme
My Choice places great importance on the recruitment of experienced employees and we believe that you are the best people to understand the skills and qualities required to work within the Company. We therefore operate an Employee Introduction Scheme which is open to all employees, except Directors and HR.
If you know someone, who is experienced, suitably qualified and possesses the skills to work with young people, you could receive a cash award of £500.00 (subject to deduction of PAYE) made to you when you recommend a candidate who joins My Choice following your introduction.
As My Choice has an independent training centre located near Head office, all training takes place at this venue. The centre is registered with CACHE NCFE and provides a range of courses to staff namely as follows:
- The Diploma 3 working with children and young people in residential care England
- The Diploma 5 leadership and management award
- The CAVA (assessor award)
- The Level 4 in training and education
- Early Years Diploma course