- £30,000 per annum Depending on skills and experience; Excellent benefits
- Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
- 16 December 2022
Are you a current or aspiring UX/UI Designer looking for the next big challenge? Are you ready to push the boundaries and help accelerate Goodwood’s digital growth?
Goodwood’s mission is simple, we want to be the home of exceptional experiences. We’re inspired by our heritage and are continuously striving to do things even better.
Based at The Goodwood Motor Circuit and surrounded by endless inspiration across our 12,000-acre Estate, we’re driven by a commitment to create digital experiences as extraordinary as our calendar of world-leading events. We believe in being highly engaged and collaborative in everything we do.
As part of this commitment, we’re embarking on an exciting new project to redesign Goodwood.com and bring our brand to life online. Most of your work will be researching, designing and prototyping - testing components, templates and user flows for our websites and apps. You’ll be creating exceptional experiences for our customers and fans across the entire spectrum of the business, from the digital platforms that elevate our legendary motorsport events through to memberships, retail and experiences that Goodwood delivers all year round.
The candidate we’re looking for is smart, driven, and passionate about design and technology. You know that UX/UI design is a critical element of any successful product, and you want to use your skills to craft beautiful, frictionless experiences that delight our customers. You’ll have an eagle eye for detail and an ability to turn complex problems into simple solutions. You understand that good design is not just about making things pretty—it's about making them work better for people.
What are you waiting for? We can’t wait to meet you.
What you’ll get up to
- Translate business requirements and user needs into meaningful user journeys. You’ll be pushing pixels and creating experiences, taking rough ideas and bringing them to life.
- Validate and iterate on designs through various types of user research.
- Work with our UX Manager to develop Goodwood’s Digital Design System, adding commentary and documentation to your designs.
- Work closely with our Marketing, Brand, Data and Insight departments and our external development agencies to bring Goodwood’s brand to life online.
- Love tackling ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear goals
What do you need to be successful
- A portfolio showing your previous work. Please submit this with your application. Applications without a portfolio won’t be considered for this role.
- You’re a Figma whizz, have experience using Adobe CC and can hit the ground running
- You think deeply about design, from product, to interaction, to perfect pixels and have a strong understanding of design principles.
- Have big ideas, a great eye and impeccable attention to details
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends
- Excellent organisational, time and project management skills
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with both technical and non-technical people, articulating your design decisions and gathering stakeholder buy-in
- Educated to a professional standard
- Able to travel to the Goodwood Estate on a daily basis
You’re a standout candidate if you
- Have a relevant degree or education specific to User Experience Design
- Have previous digital design and/or illustration experience
- Understand or have worked with Google Analytics
- Have a flair for UX copywriting
What you get
- Flexible working - Working from home days
- Wellbeing support - A comprehensive wellbeing programme to support everyday life, including free gym and health club membership.
- Free tickets to our exceptional calendar of events - Tickets to the Festival of Speed, Goodwood Revival, Horseracing and more.
- Regular social events (to suit everyone) - Quiz nights, escape rooms, team get-togethers and the best part of all, the Christmas Blowout.
- Structured training program - Built around you and your personal development and skill aspirations.
- Please view the UX UI Designer document