Assistant Front Desk Manager
- £21,200 per annum plus excellent benefits
- Full Time - 40 hours worked on 5 out of 7 days including evenings and weekends
- 27 July 2021
The Front Desk Assistant Manager will be part of the Front Desk team and will report to the Front Desk Manager.
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
The Real Thing Daring Do Obsession for Perfection Sheer Love of Life
We employ meticulous attention to detail to create experiences, as they should be. We are honest and open.
We don't mind breaking the rules to create the best possible experiences. We will take tough decisions
It’s a team thing – everybody mucks in to make things happen. We're madly passionate about what we do
We want to make everyone feel special by loving what we do.
Purpose of the role
Responsible for supporting the Front Desk Manager with general daily operations of the Front Desk department, including managing the team of hosts and the switchboard operator and ultimately ensuring that all guests receive a warm, memorable and personalised welcome to Goodwood, setting the scene for their stay.
- In the absence of the Front Desk Manager, to be responsible for the team, making key departmental decisions such as agreeing holidays or amending the rota
- To ensure that the service provided by all team members is personal and memorable for guests and that their needs are anticipated and requests are followed up accordingly
- To handle complaints efficiently and pass information on to relevant Head of Departments (HODs) where applicable
- To assist guests with any requests they may have and be familiar with and promote facilities and attractions across the Estate
- To ensure Rota Horizon is kept updated and managed.
- To be fully aware of daily and weekly events within the Hotel and across the Estate and to assist with producing a weekly rota that meets the needs of the business and where possible the requests made by team members
- To have an awareness of departmental figures, budget and objectives to be able to support the Manager in achieving strategy goals
- To carry out any other reasonable requests made by the Front Desk Manager or other managers.
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- You need to be a people person with excellent customer service skills
- A good standard of education is required along with fluency in spoken and written English
- Experience of working in a customer facing role, ideally within the leisure or hospitality industry
- Experience in Using Protel or similar hotel management system is desirable
- Proficient IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to work under pressure and to manage a team
- Please view the Assistant Front Desk Manager June 2021 document (opens in a pop up)