Receptionist (24 Hours)
- £ 8.91 per hour plus excellent benefits
- Part Time - Includes evenings and weekends
- 25 August 2021
The Receptionist will be part of the Kennels team and report to the Head Receptionist.
At Goodwood, we celebrate our 300 year history as a quintessentially English Estate, in modern and authentic ways delivering extraordinary and engaging experiences. Our setting, 12,000 acres of West Sussex countryside and our story both play significant roles in Goodwood’s success. What really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes us the unique, luxury brand we are.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for providing the “world’s leading luxury experience.”
The Real Thing Derring-Do Obsession for Perfection Sheer Love of Life
Purpose of the role
To be the face of the Kennels, providing members and guests with a warm welcome and a friendly, professional service at all times.
- To provide a professional and efficient level of service at all times; responding to enquiries, taking bookings and transferring calls as required;
- To host guests during restaurant service; meeting, greeting, seating and offering menus;
- To ensure that all relevant reservation information is passed on to the relevant people in a timely manner;
- To have a thorough understanding of all aspects of operations at the Kennels including how the restaurant operates and the food and wine menus;
- To work from time to time in other areas within The Kennels & Goodwood and to carry out any other reasonable duties as required;
- To assist with general administration duties when required (including but not limited to event correspondence, membership renewals, menu preparation, cash sheets, special event preparations)
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Outlook software;
- Previous experience of working in a similar role and environment would be beneficial;
- Fluent in the English language;
- Own or reliable transport due to the rural location of Goodwood