Chef de Partie
- £20,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
- Full Time - 40 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days including evenings and weekends
- 1 June 2021
The Chef de Partie will be part of the Bar & Grill Kitchen team in the Hotel and will report to the Head Chef.
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
Purpose of the role
To lead sections within the Bar & Grill Kitchen, working as part of a strong passionate team to consistently deliver dishes that exceed customer expectations.
- To cook consistently and enthusiastically at a high level, as directed by the Head Chef and Sous Chef
- Be responsible for hygiene and wastage in your own section and in the kitchen as a whole
- Responsible for the set-up of your section and any handover for others entering the section
- Liaise with the senior chefs on a daily basis with an accurate list of orders for the following day(s)
- Be flexible and willing to support colleagues if required
- Maintain kitchen standards, comply with Goodwood and statutory regulations and uphold the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- A passion for food and service
- Confidence to make decisions and to stand by them
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- Proven experience of working in a role of a similar level
- A passion for delivering amazing customer experiences
- Health and Safety and First Aid qualifications is desirable
- Own or reliable transport is essential
- Please view the Bar Grill CDP Job Description document (opens in a pop up)