- £ 18,532.80 per annum plus excellent benefits
- Full Time - 40 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days including evenings and weekends
- 26 August 2021
The Bar Tender will be part of the Farmer, Butcher, Chef team and report to the Restaurant Manager.
At Goodwood, we celebrate our 300 year history as a quintessentially English Estate, in modern and authentic ways delivering extraordinary and engaging experiences. Our setting, 12,000 acres of West Sussex countryside and our story both play significant roles in Goodwood’s success. What really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes us the unique, luxury brand we are.
Purpose of the role
To offer all customers a personal, friendly and efficient service at all times in the Farmer, Butcher, Chef bar.
- To create good relationships with customers, ensuring they will want to return to Goodwood in the future
- To have a good knowledge of the menu offerings and upsell where possible
- Be fully conversant with all daily and weekly events across the Estate
- Ensure that all tasks including cleaning responsibilities around the bar and back of house areas are completed on each shift and that a full and thorough handover takes place at the end of each shift
- To be aware of and responsible for health and safety, reporting any maintenance or housekeeping issues to relevant department managers and ensure that line managers are kept completely up to date with progress on outstanding actions
- Carry out any other reasonable requests made by the Restaurant Manager
- Be fully conversant with the Licensing Act 2003 & Weights and Measures Act 1963
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- You need to be a people person with excellent customer service skills
- A good standard of education is required along with fluency in spoken English
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Please view the FBC Bar Tender April 2021 document (opens in a pop up)