- £ 12,951.90 per annum plus excellent benefits
- Part Time - 22.5 hours working Mon-Fri 12:45pm - 17:15pm
- 15 April 2021
The Goodwood House Receptionist will be part of Executive Office and report to the Executive Manager of The Duke of Richmond and Gordon.
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
The Real Thing Derring-Do Obsession for Perfection Sheer Love of Life
Purpose of the role
To provide a complete reception service for Goodwood House, receiving visitors and telephone callers. To provide administration support to the Executive Office as a priority and all other departments if required and when possible.
- To answer incoming calls to Goodwood House, establish nature of call, forwarding or responding as necessary
- To maintain internal telephone lists for the Group
- To receive visitors to Goodwood House and ensure that they are dealt with promptly and efficiently
- To be responsible for incoming and outgoing post, including franking, sorting mail and courier packages
- To provide a general administration service to assist as appropriate, to include: organising payment of relevant invoices by coding and sending for authorisation, ordering and maintaining stationery, business cards and office equipment for the Post Room, restocking the staff kitchen.
- Ensuring vehicles insured by Goodwood are added to the MID website and to the Company spreadsheet and both are regularly updated
- To add drivers to the Company insurance
- To be responsible for ensuring that the Reception area is kept clean and tidy and that reading and marketing material are available
- Organising the collection and destruction of confidential waste for all departments via the appointed external Company
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested in order to ensure satisfactory performance within the role.
Qualities you will possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- Attention to detail
- Proven relevant administrative experience within a busy fast paced environment, with ever changing demands and priorities
- Excellent PC skills including the use of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Exceptional communication skills including written, typing and letter writing
- Experience in dealing with high level interfaces internally and externally
- Experience in anticipating senior stakeholder requests and proactive response to business needs
- Polite, welcoming and outstanding customer service skills
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Team player
- Excellent presentation and smart appearance
The working hours are 12:45pm - 17:15pm Monday to Friday but with flexibility to cover colleague holidays.
- Please view the Goodwood House Receptionist Job Description document (opens in a pop up)