- £30,000 per annum - plus excellent benefits
- Full Time
- 27 February 2020
- You could be looking for your next challenge ‘til the cows come home.
- Look no further…
We are looking for a Herd Person to join our close-knit team at Goodwood Home Farm to assist with the day to day running of the dairy unit. This role includes accommodation, free of rent.
Set at the heart of the 12,000 acre Sussex estate, Goodwood Home Farm is one of the largest lowland organic farms in the UK. The farm nestles at the foot of the Sussex Downs and has soil which is mainly free draining chalk, ideal for the grazing of our cattle.
In this key role, you’ll find yourself helping to rear our dairy and beef youngstock and the replacement of heifers. You’ll get involved in milking, bedding cows with sand/straw, foot trimming, pre-mowing & paddock fencing, and assisting vets with inspections and sick animals.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about cow management, who is eager to learn and develop in the dairy industry.
What you’ll need:
- An in-depth understanding and passion for all farm-based food production
- Proven relevant experience in dairy cow husbandry
- Knowledge of and experience in milk production & organic systems
- Knowledge of assurance schemes, cross compliance and environmental stewardship
- Computer literate, in particular Microsoft packages and Interherd
- Full and current driving license, telehandler and AI certification
What you’ll get:
A competitive package which will include:
- Accommodation free of rent, ½ council tax paid, close to the farm and 10 minutes from Chichester
- Training and development opportunities
- A company pension with employer contributions
- Discounted products from across the Estate
- Free Gym and Health Club Membership
- A health cash plan and access to a comprehensive wellbeing package
- Event tickets to our motorsport and horseracing events
Herd enough? If you’re ready to get stuck in and are a true team player, click ‘apply’ now!
- Please view the Herdperson JD document